Brainstorm Productions Pty Ltd takes the privacy of our customers, employees and the general public seriously.
We only collect personal information from you when you provide it directly to us or if a colleague of yours provides us with your data (for example if you have taken over a role another staff member previously held at the school and they were in contact with us). If you browse our website, we do not collect any personal information. Our website collects generic statistical data only.
Why we are collecting your information:
- We collect information so we can respond to your enquiries (email, phone, mobile phone, postal address etc).
- We need certain pieces of information to respond to you in a meaningful way e.g. the physical school address, student numbers, year levels attending, issues of concern that you want to cover etc.
- We also collect and store letters of consent for example when a person gives consent for photographs, videos or testimonials to be used on our print or electronic media.
How we will store and use your information:
- We will store your data on our office database under the school name.
- We only use your personal information for the purposes you gave it to us, and for related, internal management purposes.
- We will use your contact details to contact you and for follow up contact with you to remind you about our services and/or let you know of any changes to services offered.
- If you make a booking, we will use your contact details to send you information about the booking and to contact you for feedback after the performance. Some of your details will also be recorded in the tour itineraries for the performers.
- If someone at your school makes a booking and you have either been involved in that booking or have made other enquiries about our shows, we will contact you the following year to ask if you want to book again. We will do this for 3 consecutive years without response before assuming you are no longer interested and removing you from our current contact lists.
- If you write a public review and consent to us publishing your name and/or school name we may do so on our print and/or electronic media. There is no time limit on how long we can use your review in this way.
- If you send us feedback or write a review, we may choose to use your contact information to contact you about the feedback you have provided.
- If at any time you would like your contact details removed from our contact lists you can do so by phoning or requesting this in writing via email or post.
- Data will only be used for these purposes.
Accessing your data:
- You may access personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly via phone, email or through our website contact forms.
Who your data will be disclosed to:
- Data collected will be accessed by Brainstorm Productions office staff and by our contracted performers when accessing information from their itineraries.
- Data will not be sold or provided to any third party except in any of the following instances:
– you have consented
– it is required by law
– it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health (see also our Student Disclosure and Mandatory Reporting Policy).
If you think we have breached our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988:
- Contact us via our the enquiry forms on our website;
- Write to us PO BOX 804 Alstonville NSW 2477
- Phone us on (02) 66285206
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also make a formal complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/