Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter is Brainstorm Productions (ABN: 17 088 834 637, Address: PO Box 804, Alstonville, NSW, Australia)
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who Can Enter
- Entry is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is an Australian resident and is associated with an Australian school (including teachers, other school staff and parents) except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of employment at the nominated school and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, school and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to Enter
- The competition commences on 24th July 2023 and concludes on 4th September 2023 at 5:00pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
- Entrants may enter the competition by completing the entry forms on our website and opting in to join the Brainstorm Productions email database.
- All entries must be made by either completing the form on the 40th Birthday Giveaway page OR by completing the form on the home page pop-up appearing during the period of the Promotion.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text) that entrants submit in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
- Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
Number of Entries Permitted
- Only one entry per person (based on first name, last name and email).
- Multiple entries from the same school will be accepted, provided the entries are made by different people using different email addresses.
Draw and Notification of Winner
- The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions that is drawn by Brainstorm Productions by random selection at 10.00AM on 5th September 2023 at the Brainstorm Productions head office in Alstonville.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the draw.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. Internet Service Provider account holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- In the event that the winner is not able to be contacted, The Promoter will continue to attempt to contact the winner over a three month period, at which point the Promoter will perform a redraw to source another winner.
- A winner’s name will be available for 28 days after the competition closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring the relevant staff member/s at their nominated school consent to a day of live performances being delivered at their school.
Prize On Offer
The prize contains the following:
- A day of live performances (maximum of 3 performances) delivered on the same day at the same location by the same team of Brainstorm Productions actors. The maximum number of students in each performance is 280 primary school students or 250 high school students. Only performances available in the winning school’s geographical area will be provided. A suitable date for the performances will be arranged by the Brainstorm Productions booking team in collaboration with the winning school. The performances must be delivered by the end of 2024 and the winning school must be located in one of the geographical areas on the Brainstorm Productions 2024 touring schedule.
- A $300 Booktopia gift card. The card can be used by the winner to purchase any product from the Booktopia website. The gift card will be sent to the winner via email.
The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or other experienced by the winner while undertaking activities or travel related to this competition and prize. The Promoter accepts no liability for costs incurred whilst undertaking activities related to this competition.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with a game.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Prize(s) are not transferable. Prize(s) are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
The prize is valued at up to $5000 plus a $300 online book voucher. The value of a day of live performances is based on the cost of up to three performances with a maximum number of students in each (max. 280 primary students and max. 250 high school students), performed at the same location on the same day (including travel costs).
Use of Personal Information
- The prize recipient(s) agrees to the use of his/her name and school in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to your personal information being used for the purposes described in these Terms and Conditions, including the purposes of assessing your eligibility, administering the Competition, prize fulfilment, and for contacting you if you are selected as a winner.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend a game and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to a game will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- A game and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- All promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the social media companies being used to promote them.